Facebook is seeking a talented and flexible generalist Legal Counsel in India to join the APAC legal team. You’ll be supporting Facebook’s APAC operations advising internal clients on issues relating to a broad range of subject matter.
Diligent and proactive, you bring excellent business judgment, project management and strategic thinking, stakeholder management experience and ability to work both cross-functionally and independently, as the situation may require.
This is a full-time position based in Hyderabad or Delhi. The position will report to the Associate General Counsel based in Singapore.
# How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online .Click here to apply.
Click here for official announcement.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
# Responsibilities in Facebook
- Advisory, compliance and project management responsibility with regard to a broad range of legal subjects including local regulations, tax, employment, litigation and corporate governance
- Coordinate and collaborate with legal and cross-functional team members in APAC and global HQ
- Participation in other projects across APAC as directed
# Requirements of Facebook
- LLB or JD and excellent academic credentials from a top law school
- Minimum of 6 years legal experience with at least 3 years at a top-tier Indian law firm
- In-house experience in India at a US-headquartered technology company a plus
- Demonstrated experience advising clients in a wide variety of subject matter, including corporate, regulatory, privacy, tax and employment law
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under pressure
- Must be flexible and work extended hours when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion
- Excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with telecom regulatory matters highly advantageous
- Exercise good judgment and provide practical solutions
- Open to travel as and when required
- Compensation based on experience and includes equity compensation